Tuesday, September 21, 2010

no meltdown in the rain

The topic of this post is the reason why I wanted to start this blog.  I had to go into the city for something work related, and I wore a full face of make up.  Unfortunately, it rained and I was ill prepared for the gross weather.  So I walked through the rain with a constant mist, and sometimes got caught in some heavy down pour.  I'm one of those people who hates the rain.  Some people may love going out and playing in it, but I do not have any desire to do so.  When it rains, its usually dark, cold, and awfully muddy, especially with cars zooming past splashing with their dirty tires.  Plus, I absolutely HATE getting my clothes wet, and my hair, because it sticks uncomfortably to my skin.  Ugh. Ew.

Back on topic, in regards to make up, I usually don't carry around any touch up items, so I didn't have any with me that day.  (And even if I did, I would've been in such a bad mood because of the rain, that I probably wouldn't have cared about my make up to want to touch up.)  I spent about 7 hours in the city and every time I stepped outside, I was caught in the rain.  Finally at the end of the day, I went to remove my make up, and was very surprised as to how well everything stayed in place.  My face looked pretty damned good after going through the rain!  I'm just going to list the products if you wanna give any of them a shot.

Face: MAC Studio Moisture Tint, Benefit "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, Cover FX Translucent Powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, MAC shadows (Photo Realism Quad), Urban Decay Liquid Liner (Smog), Rimmel Sexy Curves Waterproof Mascara
Cheeks: e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzer

Soo... if you have a chance of getting caught in the rain, I think you'll be safe if you're wearing these products.  I'd love to hear similar experiences and maybe some different products that are "rain safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment